From our office in Rotterdam, we daily organise MICE meetings, incentives, congresses and events with great enthusiasm! At goMICE, February and March are always mostly about various winter sports incentives for our clients.
A winter sports incentive, fully taken care of by goMICE!
Each participant of such a winter sports incentive often has a certain preference for where they want to go skiing. Choosing the right one is often a challenge for our relations, but not for us as goMICE!
What makes a winter sports incentive a success? We think it is a combination of the following factors:
- Sun and good snow
- Many good and varied slopes
- Good atmosphere
- And of course, good food and drink
A perfect place for a winter sports incentive
We think the above factors can all be found in Tyrol! But not in Austria, but in Italy. We are talking about South Tyrol. goMICE regularly arranges winter sports incentives in this area. We like Val Gardena in the Dolomites.
Winter sports incentive by goMICE
Many people do not know the ski area of Val Gardena, and that surprises us! This is truly a fantastic area! Val Gardena is near Bolzano in Trentino, just across the border with Austria, in Italy.
It is about a 1,000 km drive from the Netherlands. But you can also fly. goMICE fully takes care of the ‘hassle’ around group flight tickets for you. If you want to fly to this area, you fly to Innsbruck. With a taxi from the airport, you will arrive at winter sports village Ortisei or Selva within 1.5 hours!
Winter sports incentive to Val Gardena
The area of Val Gardena used to be part of Austria, but it was annexed by Italy after World War I in 1919. Because of this, the Italian cuisine has been mixed with the Austrian hospitality and conviviality. A perfect combination if you ask me!
Activities during the winter sports incentive to Val Gardena
There is a lot to experience and do in this area! We discuss a few of them:
- The area covers a sloped track of approx. 500 km!
- You can find one of the longest descents in the world here. La Longia (approx. 12 km descent from the top of the Secada) after which you can enjoy a delicious lunch or après ski at Frau Anna at the bottom of the slope.
- Skiing around the mountain range “Sella Gruppe” à de Sella Ronda (left and right as a day trip, highly recommended!)
- Around the Sella Ronda, there are also other ski areas you can visit. The most famous one has to be the Marmolada (Arabba), see the video below.
- A fun, hilarious activity is to ski to Alta Badia (which takes about half a day), then having lunch at the bottom, followed by going back up with your skis behind a horse and wagon.
- There is also the Saslong, known from the international ski competitions
- The village of Selva is at the heart of the ski area and has a very vivid Après Ski
And of course, a bit of gossip after dinner is a lot of fun!
We are once again sending various groups on winter sports incentives in this period. At goMICE, we take care of every detail. Do you also want to organise a winter sports incentive to this area or do you have other plans? Then please contact us to discuss the possibilities! Mail us at Hello@goMICE.nl or call +31 (0)10 241 2045.